Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Saving Mr. Banks

After a leisurely lunch of pizza, salads, and chicken in the South Side Works, Jeff, Christina, and I perambulated around the shops, took photos, and took in the movie, Saving Mr. Banks,
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2140373/?ref_=nv_sr_1
What a great teen-to-adult-themed Disney movie.

One of my favorite quotes from the movie:

[Travers gives Ralph a list of people to his handicapped daughter, Jane]

Ralph: "Albert Einstein, Van Gogh, Roosevelt, Frida Kahlo" - What is this?

P.L. Travers: They all had difficulties. Jane can do anything that anyone else can do, do you understand?

[beat]

P.L. Travers: Look on the back.

Ralph: [turns it over] "Walt Disney."

P.L. Travers: Deficiencies in concentration and hyperactive behavior. Explains everything!

---from  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2140373/trivia?tab=qt&ref_=tt_trv_qu

We sat through the last end credits.  I spotted Dutch from the Harp and his two daughters, one of whom said that her coworker had seen the movie twice already.  After hugs, we all departed.

I returned to Mom and Dad's to see them watching Jeopardy and typing on the computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home