Sunday, November 02, 2014

Tuesday- Visit from UCRiverside! Sunday- No choir today

Tuesday was sunshine and breeziness and brought a visit from Marsha from the UC Riverside Development Office.  We walked from near the Petersen Events Center down to lower campus, enjoyed lunch at the Porch, and then a walking tour of the Carnegie Library and complex, the Cathedral of Learning floors one and three (including some of the Nationality Rooms), and of the Honors College, and then a tour of Heinz Chapel.  I taught the baseline runs of Enzymes right after.  I sent the photo of us to Bob, too.

Thursday was choir practice, and I spoke with Don about voice hoarseness, etc. after practice.

Today (Sunday), I sat in the congregation with Dad and Mom for Mass.  It was lovely to hear

How Lovely is Thy Dwelling Place  (J. Brahms)

And O Quam Gloriosum (T. L. Victoria)
as sung by the Cathedral choir.

The Mass was celebrated for the firefighters who have perished this past year.  The first reader, a 102-year-old man, is one of the best lectors I have heard proclaim the Word.  HE read Wisdom 3:1-9.  We spoke to him after Mass, and his message to us was simple---"Stay close to Jesus."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home