Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Finished checking assignments, Fall 2014

As of ~13.00 this afternoon I am officially finished checking assignments for Fall 2014.  I deposited print assignments and notebook pages in the magazine rack by 15.00 today, emailed students about the fate of their assignments, did some computer work, took care of some administrative paperwork with Gloria in the main office, made up envelopes and placed the last quizzes in them in my office, I saw my former student Stephanie, and my current student G.D., had part of a gyro and fries special from the Cathedral CafĂ©, and practiced my languages online.  I've sent grades to about 5-10 students who requested their scores.


I will rest for about an hour before going caroling with Marissa and the children.  It should be fun!  I've got my waffle shirt, two sweaters, an overcoat, gloves and hat, and two scarves. 


Sometime this week I must post the grades for FP 0001, Introduction to the Arts and Sciences.  Russ was kind enough to send us instructions.
~~~
Instead of resting I spent ~40 minutes writing one part of the eulogy for Auntie Mimang, who passed away Sunday. 
~~~~~
9:45pm
Just sent some emails to students' requests for scores and grading information....after returning from caroling with Marissa, Beatrice, and Solomon and their church group.  We sang at an independent living home (four stories of singing), sang whilst walking, and then sang at their minister, Dave's, home.  The children took off with Tiger and Forest, while the "big kids" had hot and cold beverages, craisin with chocolate chip cookies by Tim, poppyseed roll, and other sweet and savory snacks.  It was a joyous evening.  We walked back to the car, marveling at the biggest lantern we have seen so close to the ground, and meet a woman walking a nine-week-old puppy, Petra.


It was fun to sing with this group, and the bass echo was nice. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home