Mary Lou's Funeral Mass
Mary Lou's funeral Mass was today. Bishop Zubik, her son, Fr. Steve, and fourteen other priests concelebrated the Mass. Don provided music ministry with Christina cantoring. It was a particularly beautiful Mass service, especially when the priests sang a Marian hymn in unison at the end. We all gathered for a catered lunch afterwards: Her friends, family, and neighbors were present. A lovely send-off for a beautiful woman.
Yesterday I attended the early Mass with Dad, the high that day was ~24 Fahrenheit. Fr. Adam V celebrated the Mass, Fred G lectored, and Don provided organ music from the Beckerath from the loft. Rosemary decided on a small litter of chocolate kittens for her Easter candy order.
I'm slowly catching up with my work. I will be thankful for Spring Break, when I can get caught up with my grading.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home