This week, Monday through Thursday May 4, 5, 6, 7
Monday I visited some friends in Oakland, traded in a CD for a couple CDs,
Tuesday I went to the North Side for a tour. Went to Aldi and didn't buy mangoes.
Wednesday morning was Bible Study for the sixth Sunday of Easter (cycle B). I read for the group reading 1: ACTS 10:25-26, 34-35, 44-48. Fr. Drew mentioned the times one should HALT: when Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired. We asked questions about the order in which the followers found the Holy Spirit and then were baptized....Another order than how the Sacraments are carried out now. (God showed Love for us through the Sacraments....but the Sacraments are not necessary to receive the gifts of God.)
Reading 2 is my friend Judy Dear's favorite Biblical passage: 1 JN 4:7-10 . We discussed how St. Augustine said "Love and do as you will; Love and you can do nothing but good," that we all sin, but we realign to God constantly.
The Gospel reading this Sunday will be: JN 15:9-17 . John, the author, writes about "abide"/"remain" more than several times in this passage. This passage occurs after the washing of the feet at the Last Supper. The Cathedral choir sings Mandatum during the washing of the feet: "I give you a new commandment: That you love one another as I have loved you." The commissioning in this Gospel passage is thus: "This is my commandment: love one another as I love you," which is the Eucharist. We discussed teleos, the goal for today. We also discussed the Four Loves by C.S. Lewis, including the Platonic agape, self-emptying kinosis. We also discussed the meaning of "mandatum" and Maundy Thursday.
Thursday (today) I went for our annual Freshman Programs training. This year we have multiple sessions and combine FP 0001 training with FP 0003 training. I cleaned out some files at Mom and Dad's home. Maureen and I went shopping/ window shopping at Bakery Square. It was choir practice again, and a newcomer, Beth, joined us. Chatted with Don after choir.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home