Monday NIght and still no water...
It's Monday night ~21.50 and still no running water. This is what it is like in drought-striken areas. Also reminds me of fieldwork and camping in remote areas...must carry everything in with you!
We are surrounded by water: Three rivers, thunderstorms, and a broken water main, but cannot use it for drinking. A water buffalo container is parked on the block from which one can retrieve non-potable water. Beatrice and Solomon visited; we drank a lot of juices and punches, and used hand sanitizer and also used water sparingly when preparing sandwiches and snacks. Heard from my painting professor this afternoon---I need to select images to share with her. Will send her my art curriculum vitae. If I can, I will send her also some moving short of a choreographed piece, as well.
Now it's time to say goodnight. Good night, good night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home