Saturday, Sunday; Monday, Tuesday- Travelling to the Emerald Isle; Enjoying the Emerald Isle
Saturday Dad drove Mom and I to Battleboro, North Carolina. We spent the night there, and had dinner at Carolina BBQ and Chicken. Delicious. Sunday morning we drove to Wilson, NC and participated in Mass at St. Therese of Lisieux Church. We went to more barbeque at Wilber's in Goldboro on the way to the Emerald Isle. It was savory, spicy, and great.
Sunday late afternoon we arrived in Emerald Isle, NC, in time to see Barbara and Scott unloading their vehicle. Kelly, Kyle, and Fern arrived, and started playing a game. I turned into a pumpkin.
Monday I awoke and walked on the beach from 6.30AM to 8.15AM. I walked ~5 miles, if each 1000 change in house number is equal to a mile. Walked all the way to Craig Street. Met a couple of ladies (separately) who guided me to good places to purchase kite string, etc. Made arrangements for a boat tour of the Rachel Carson Nature Reserve. We all headed to The other Barbara and David's place for snacks and dinner. There were ~20+ of their kin there, a large blended family. They had a blast at the beach (swimming, sunning, and flying a kite), and in the pool. We enjoyed chatting on the deck. Kyle, Kelly, Fern, and I enjoyed playing a fast number-Scrabble game before dinner. Dinner was Mexican with yummy do-it yourself soft tacos. I turned in shortly after returning to the house.
Tuesday (today) I walked along the beach with Scott and Barbara. Barbara and I walked all the way to the pier and back. We all had breakfast which Scott had prepared. I ordered my plane ticket for this Fall semester. I also called William. Went to join Scott, Barbara, and Fern on the beach. Swam in the shallow water a bit. Came back to shower and hydrate (ran into Kelly and Kyle on the way to the beach, they would be joining Fern soon), type this, and rest. Scott and Barbara went to visit the other Barbara's extended family at their large place.
~~~~
Tuesday night we all headed out to Barbara and David's and family's place for sinigang and pancit noodles by Mom, and other delicious foods.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home