Sunday, July 12, 2015

Friday and Saturday & Sunday

Friday I met with Nina at the Carnegie Library.  I ensured that we took photos of our working / hamming it up for the camera.  We reworked my materials list, made a thematic calendar for the camp week, and reworked my lesson plans for the week.  She was kind enough to give me a lift to assemble, where I then met with Fabienne.

Saturday Debbie and I saw Minions movie (they all seem to be male --!) with plenteous popcorn and drinks with (some) caffeine.  We walked around before and after the movie.  Had lunch at the Italian place there:  We had our favorite appetizer, and a pizza.  Went to the large department store there for purchases.

My ankle has been bothering me off and on during the past week, when it has been thunderstormy and rain-shower-y.  Perhaps the changes in pressure are aggravating my injuries from last spring from when Mom and I were superheroes.

I freshened up and we drove to dad's classmate's home in Mt. Pleasant.  We chatted with his wife, his siblings, his niece Phyllis and her daughter Savannah; and with his neighbors Dave and Patty (also sat at the table with his sister Patty).  There was a lechon suckling piglet, as well as lots of other dishes.  They even had a carnival sausage- and steak- sandwich truck.

Today (SUNDAY), I worked on the thematic calendar for "Scientist" camp week in the morning.  Dad, Mom, and I went to noon Mass, where Linda cantored.  Dad was a Eucharistic Minister.  We had lunch at home, I made reservations for the Just Ducky tours when Miranda visits, and went to Giant Eagle (where I ran into Jen H, former student of Biosc 0060), where I purchased money for my PAT Transit pass.  My building picnic will be in a quarter of an hour---it should be fun!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home