Happy Independence Day/ Fourth of July 2015
Started off the day by going to Mass with Dad at St. Paul Cathedral. John De F served, Tom Gramc (our resident seminarian) lectored, and Fr. Joe Freedy celebrated. Judy and I walked over together, and she helped with television ministry.
The first reading was GN 27:1-5, 15-29, the responsorial psalm was PS 135:1B-2, 3-4, 5-6, and the Gospel was MT 9:14-17. The homily dealt with changing oneself before trying to change the world, and quoted G.K. Chesterton.
We sang one hymn today, the recessional hymn "America the Beautiful," penned by Katharine Lee Bates, of Wellesley College fame. I was happy to sing the hymn, but neither as most people do---nor as most alumnae do.
Spoke with Jen P after Mass, who just finished her residency at UPMC.
~~~~~
Watched ~20 minutes of fireworks with William and family. I sat in ~ the same spot as last year with my foldout yellow stool, then called them. They shared BB's lemonade ice (she wanted Swedish fish flavor, of those two and cotton candy ice) with me. I spoke with the technicians before choosing my spot...the fireworks were shot from three podiums in front of the CFA. Ended about 22.00.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home