Lectoring Sunday, Pizza, and Team USA wins the 2015 Women's World Cup!
Today (Sunday noon) I lectored with Jeannette S reading the first reading. Fr. Mark Thomas celebrated the Mass, with Deacon Chuck R. There were three servers, and Colin and Ken provided cantoring and music ministry from the organ loft, respectively.
We celebrated the Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time. The prelude was after the Lord of the Dance sequence from Aaron Copland's Appalachian Spring.
The entrance hymn was I Sing the Mighty Power of God
Colin led the Litany Tone for the Penitential Act
and
Gloria by C. Andrews
Jeannette read the first reading: Ezekiel 2:2-5
Colin sang the Psalm 123 (M. Guimont)
I read the second reading: 2 Corinthians 12: 7-10
The Gospel Acclamation was sung (J. Chepponis)
And Deacon Chuck read the Gospel: Mark 6: 1-6
The priest from India delivered the homily, and there was a second collection for his causes.
Sanctus was sung (Mass XVIII)
Memorial Acclamation (Roman Missal)
Amen from the Community Mass (R. Proulx)
Lamb of God from the Holy Cross Mass (David Isele)
Communion hymn: Taste and See- Psalm 34 (R. Kreutz)
the Recessional Hymn was God of Our Fathers
as we headed back to the Sacristy, I spotted Greg P from the Carnegie with his family.
I chatted with Jorge and Bernadette after Mass with Mom and Dad.
After Mass, Mom, dad, and I went shopping for food and went for pizza.
Took a nap after getting home, and watched the women's World Cup from Vancouver. The USA Women scored three goals within the first 16 minutes (3, 5, 16 minutes). What an exciting game against Japan (5-2)!
Dad is repairing Mom's bracelet and forming his own jump rings and using surgical tools and magnifying glasses to fashion these, as well as to repair the bracelet. Quite impressive.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home