TUES- Lectoring, a new movie...
This morning I lectored at the cathedral early Mass celebrated by Fr. Kris S. Ken provided music ministry, and Audrey C was the behind-the-scenes sacristan. Forty-eight people received Holy Communion in the congregation.
~~~~~
We celebrated Tuesday in the Fourth Week of Advent, and sang as the entrance hymn "Now Bless the God of Israel." The recessional hymn was "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel," Verse 7.
~~~~~
There is a new movie and book based on an immigrant pathologist's desire to uncover the truth, "Concussion." I first found out about it here:
Here's the trailer for the movie which opens on Friday, Christmas:
A couple of stories from today's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
And this, from a couple of months ago:
Information gleaned from the imdb.com website about the article accessible from the nlm website:
"Chronic traumatic encephalopathy in a National Football League player," published in Neurosurgery. 2005 Jul;57(1):128-34. The full author list is: Omalu BI, DeKosky ST, Minster RL, Kamboh MI, Hamilton RL, Wecht CH. An abstract of the article is available at the US National Library of Medicine website (PubMed) and the full article is available from the journal's publishers (for a fee).
and other early papers:
http://bennetomalufoundation.org/about-cte/
and other early papers:
http://bennetomalufoundation.org/about-cte/
~~~~~~~~~~
Debbie and I had dinner at the Porch, near campus, and I spotted the Freshman Programs staff there, as well. We enjoyed:
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AGNOLOTTI AL PLIN
Stilton Bleu, Walnuts, Granny Smith, Brown Butter & Fines Herbes
POLENTA FRIES AND EGG
Stone Ground Polenta, Poached Farm Egg, Mint & Oven Dried Tomato Dressing
BIANCA PIZZA
Savory Fig Jam, Goat Cheese, Arugula & Black Truffle Oil
Om Nom!
Debbie and I had dinner at the Porch, near campus, and I spotted the Freshman Programs staff there, as well. We enjoyed:
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AGNOLOTTI AL PLIN
Stilton Bleu, Walnuts, Granny Smith, Brown Butter & Fines Herbes
POLENTA FRIES AND EGG
Stone Ground Polenta, Poached Farm Egg, Mint & Oven Dried Tomato Dressing
BIANCA PIZZA
Savory Fig Jam, Goat Cheese, Arugula & Black Truffle Oil
Om Nom!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home