WED- Very Busy day: Rude Teenage Girl on commute home...
Today was busy: Bible Study for this Sunday (Fifth Cycle of Lent, Cycle C). I read the Gospel reading for our little group--John 8:1-11, the story of the woman caught in the act of adultery.
I had two meetings with friends, and an appointment (I brought Mom along to the second).
Today was the day of rude people...first, the manager(?) at Lulu's Noodles/ Yum Wok ignored me for a full four plus minutes while I said "Hello," to various people behind the counter. One of them indicated that if I were to order, I should talk to her (but she ignored me). I went outside and told Mom and Dad that I would go to another restaurant for our cool beverages, which I did. They lost our business today. Secondly, after hearing a student's presentation at work, and visiting a computer lab, I walked home. Jean greeted me, we chatted briefly about the weather, and when the light was in my favor to cross Dithridge, I waved and smiled at the driver of the car turning right (north) from Fifth Avenue to Dithridge. With my condition, I did not cross quickly (enough for the angry, impatient, rude A.I.R. teenager in the passenger seat), as the teen girl in the passenger seat yelled, "RIDE the BUS!"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home