SUN- Send-off to Maureen, Lector at Noon Mass with the USTFMS alumni
Today Maureen attended 8.00 Mass, then we went to Lawrenceville for French pastries. I enjoyed a sweet pastry filled with bakery cream and chocolate pieces, Maureen enjoyed a Brioche Bostock. She sipped coffee whilst I enjoyed a spiced chai. We went for a drive to check out new architecture in the East End---East Liberty, Garfield, Friendship, past Little Italy Days, back to Oakland. I dropped my bag off at Mom and Dad's home before making my way to the sacristy to lector at noon Mass.
Today is the Twenty-first Sunday in Ordinary Time. Because of my crutches, I processed neither before nor after Mass.
I read the first reading: Isaiah 66: 18-21
Gerry processed in with the Book, read the second reading, and read the General Intercessions.
Music Included:
Entrance Hymn: The Kingdom of God
Kyrie Eleison- Chant
Gloria: Vatican Mass VIII
Psalm 117: O. Alstott
Gospel Acclamation: J. Chepponis
Preparation of the Gifts: Let Us Come Now to the Kingdom
Holy, Holy, Holy; Acclamation; and Amen: from Mass for the City by Richard Proulx
Agnus Dei: Vatican Mass XVIII
Communion: You Bring Forth Bread from the Land by A. Motyka
Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel
Recessional Hymn: In Christ there is No East or West
~~~~~
Fr. Adam V announced the presence of the med school class reunion at the start of Mass.
Two classmates processed to bring the gifts to the front. The classmates gathered in front of the Tabernacle, by the Door of Mercy, after Mass. I chatted with Kay, Alroy, and their three children afterwards (Celine remembered me), Karina, Don. I explained the brain drain from the Philippines to Don after Mass and bid a fond adieu and safe travels to Kay and family.
Mom, Dad, Dr. Pat, and I went back to their home. Ma soeur Belge m'a pose'e des questions par email. Je lui les ai repond.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home