Sunday, October 02, 2016

This Weekend: CMoA with Mijung, Work, Choir, Work.

Yesterday (SAT) I met Mijung and we toured the opening of the Carnegie Museumof Art Retrospective.  Here is a press release for it:

Hélio Oiticica: To Organize Delirium
October 1, 2016–January 2, 2017
Heinz Galleries and Hall of Sculpture

Hélio Oiticica: To Organize Delirium brings visually arresting, wholly original artwork to Pittsburgh for an experience unlike any other.

Walk across sand and pebbles, traverse bold, colorful structures, and say hello to two friendly parrots. That's part of the experience of Tropicália (1966–67), a massive, multisensory installation at the heart of Hélio Oiticica: To Organize Delirium.

Starting this Saturday, Carnegie Museum of Art (CMOA) presents the first comprehensive U.S. retrospective of the influential Brazilian artist (1937–1980). Ranging from beautifully balanced geometric paintings to immersive, interactive environments, Oiticica's work is visually arresting, wholly original, and seeks to build a participatory relationship with audiences.
~~~
I then went to work.  Upon returning, I added Pulse Secure to access printers and library databases on campus, with the help of B at the Help Desk. 
~~~Today (SUN) I awoke late and will go to choir practice and choir.  Then, after lunch, it's back to work (with S, as yesterday).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home