13 AUG to 19 AUG 2017- 10th SUNDAY after Pentecost 2017
13 AUG 2017- Aisha and I signed up to attend the Retreat in Preparation for the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (BVM). It was held at the National Institute for Newman Studies. I was greeted by Carol D, and Julia as I entered the upper room. Donna and R also helped with the programming. There was a breakfast spread for us, and two booklets for the retreat in preparation of the Feast of the Assumption of the BVM:
On the Fitness of the Glories of Mary: A Discourse by John Henry Newman, and
A Reflection Booklet.
The content of the day was divided into 3 parts. The morning was devoted to reading the discourse by Newman (a convert), and large class discussions; followed by shorter, silent readings from the reflection booklet AND writing answers to reflection question in the reflection booklet. There was time for breaks and for Mass and lunch, prepared largely by Julia. I left after placing my prayer requests (2) in the Chapel c/o Carole.
I was appreciative of the exchanges with Aisha, my seatmate. Adrienne and I had a lively conversation (seulement en francais!) over lunch que a fini quand elle m'a dit que jeudi chez la bibliotheque c'est possible que je practiquerais le langue francais.
I left to go to the Summer Series of Organ Concerts 2017 at the Cathedral. Christopher Berry was playing. I saw Fr. Nick V on the way into the Cathedral---he was attending, as well, because Christopher used to play at the Pontifical North American College, Vatican City, Roma, Italia. Ken introduced the concert.
I especially enjoyed
Prelude, Fugue, et Variation/ Troisieme de Six Pieces d'Orgues of 1868 par Cesar Franck
et
In Memorium by William Albright,
which sounded like ocean waves breaking on a beach. These pieces were preceded by other pieces by de Grigny, Frescobaldi, 2 by Buxtehude, and the program concluded with a Sortie = a postlude par Charles Tournemire.
After dinner I chatted with my relocating friend, JAH. We talked until we were tired.
MON 14 AUG 2017- PT with Amber, this time, relaxing day at the computer.
TUE 15 AUG 2017- Dad and Mom returned from her UST FMS class reunion in CLeveland last PM. Dad and I attended AM Mass, Mom attended noon Mass for the Assumption of Mary. [The church where we grew up has been made a minor basilica since we left---Saint Mary of the Assumption! Cool! There are relics of each of the apostles, from what I recall during our last visit there. Pretty amazing, if you ask me!]
WED 16 AUG 2017- Day at the computer.
THU 17 AUG 2017- Early physical therapy appointment with Trevor present (he had a family sickness MON).
FRI 18 AUG 2017- easy going day; Dad moved my files to next to the futon chez m&d's.
SAT 19 AUG 2017- Dad drove me to work at the museum. I had a Spotlight about the Jaguar (and, thus, the leopard and the cheetah, too) today. Dad and I picked up chicken sandwiches and fries for him and mom for a late lunch (I had a small shake). We all napped afterwards. IT and other issues...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home