Sunday, August 06, 2017

AUG 06 to 12 AUG 2017, The Transfiguration of Our Lord and its Week

Called Sat regarding a replacement wireless phone.

SUN- 06 AUG 2017, The Transfiguration of Our Lord- Went to noon Mass with Mom and Dad. Fr. Adam V celebrated the Mass.

We made mini tacos for lunch. I attended Don's concert this afternoon 16.00-17.00. Sat near Lisa and Liz and her friend, Monica and Carl, Mariann and Bob. Cathy M, Judi, Chuck, Doug, Rock, and Renee were all there, too. The program included organ as well as organ and saxophone pieces, brought alive by Don and Tim Sharek. The program is below...

Toccata, Opus 59 (Max Reger)-- amazingly swift and fantastic!
Trois Melodies Gregoriennes (pour L'orgue et le saxophone-alto) (Guy de Lioncourt)
Organ Sonata No.3, Opu 65 (Felix Mendelssohn)
Fantasy on "Veni Creator Spiritus" (for organ and alto saxophone) (Richard Proulx)
March on a Theme by Handel, opus 15 (Alexander Guilmant)
Chatauqua Nocturnes, No. 8 (For organ and alto saxophone) (Robert Farrell)--- calm and beautiful
Ciacona in E minor (BuxWV #160) (Dietrich Buxtehude)
The Lake (for organ and soprano saxophone) (Paul Halley)--- soaring and haunting!

MON 07 AUG 2017- Feast of St. Cajetan, patron saint of unemployed and underemployed folks. I went to physical therapy then, and spent a mostly-sedentary day.

TUE 08 AUG 2017- Worked Uptown and said hi to Debbie today. Received the replacement  phone today.

WED 09 AUG 2017- Dad dropped me off, for three medical appointments: To my PCP doctor's office for vitamin levels in the AM, a specialist in the late AM, I got soup and chatted with Krista before my last appointment with physical therapy. The specialist wrote me a letter with my physical limitations for the next month and a half. Dad, Mom, and I went to the Novena of Our Mother of Perpetual Help after dinner and Jeopardy! Fr. Tom G and Ted W provided the service.

THU 10 AUG 2107- I dropped Mom and Dad off for Mom's PCP appointment, we went to CVS afterwards, they dropped me off for my dental cleaning and exam. I went downtown to stop in to say hello to June and Linda R, then to the Downtown branch of the public library. Spent several hours (until ~midnight) getting my replacement phone up and running.

FRI 11 AUG 2017- I went with Mom and Dad to drop them off chez Dr, Pat. I went shopping in Bloomfield. Prepared for work at the museum tomorrow. Took a nap. Had dinner. Reading and text communicating with JAH and DR. Time to relax.

12 SAT AUG 2017- Was at a Poison Spotlight @ the museum today. Had visitors from all over the Pittsburgh region (including Sewickley), and Butler, Bucks County, Northern West Virginia, Dallas, TX, Morgantown, Cleveland, Ann Arbor, MI, Baltimore ("This place is better than the Smithsonian!"); San Diego; Corpus Christi, TX; Temecula, CA; and Fort Wayne, IN. One group in my last half hour was from Altoona and one fellow in the group was a former student of MG. 112

Debbie and I went to see The Big Sick,
http://www.thebigsickmovie.com/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5462602/?ref_=nv_sr_1
which is about relationships, from the point of view of a Pakistani-born stand-up comedian.
Debbie and I enjoyed it and we had the mambo popcorn tub with lots of buttery flavor oil, and then after the movie we went for food/ shakes. Spoke with Maureen after the movie.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home