Sunday, July 09, 2017

14th Week of Ordinary Time, 09 to 15 JULY 2017

SUN, 09 JULY 2017-- I lectored at the noon Mass with Perrin H. Fr. Kris S celebrated the Mass, which Ted W acted as sacristan. Antonio and an older boy served, and Shane cantored while Ken provided music from the loft.

Opening Hymn: Come to Me, O Weary Traveler
Kyrie: Chant
Gloria (C. Andrews)
First Reading:  ZEC 9:9-10
Responsorial Psalm: PS 145:1-2, 8-9, 10-11, 13-14 (Carroll, Gelineau)
Second Reading: ROM 8:9, 11-13
Alleluia: (Solemnelle/ Notre Dame, Paris)
Gospel: MT 11:25-30
Holy, Holy, Holy: Deutsche Messe (Franz Schubert)
Memorial Acclamation: Deutsche Messe (Franz Schubert)
Amen: Deutsche Messe (Franz Schubert)
Lamb Of God: Richard Proulx
Communion: Where Love and Charity Abide (Lucien Diess)
Recessional Hymn: For the Beauty of the Earth (Verses 1,2, and 6)

I had the honor of reading the second reading and the intercessions. We went for Poke lunches, met the manager's brother, too.

I attended the organ concert performed by Kevin Vaughn at 16.00. Kevin is from South Bend, IN.  He performed:

The opening movement from Symphony No.3 in F# minor, Op. 28 by Louis Vierne, who was blind for most of his life.

Fantasia sopra 'Freu dich sehr, O meine Seele' by a student of J.S. Bach, Johann Ludwig Krebs. Somewhere in there was hidden a theme from "Comfort, Comfort, O my People."

Lied from Douze Pieces by a student of Vierne, Gaston Latarze.

Prelude & Fugue in C Major, BWV 547 by Johann Sebastian Bach.

Sonata in B-flat Major, Op. 65, No.4 by Felix Mendelssohn.

Sat with Chuck M, and chatted with Doug, Judy, Chuck, and Don after the concert.

Mom, Dad, and I enjoyed arroz caldo and leftovers as the adobo was preparing.

~~~~~
MON 10 July 2017- Dealt with insurance issues and medical issues today. Also went grocery shopping with Mom at Bloomfield and at Aldi in Shadyside.

TUE 11 JULY 2017- Drove Mom & Dad to a medical appointment. Went with Mom and Dad to the South Hills. We had burgers, fries, and shake there. Dad was dropped off at the library. I drove to work @ Uptown. D and K stopped by the front desk to say hello.Took care of onboarding/ enrollment issues when I got home. Found out Alice (from my section) passed away.

WED 12 July 2017- Bible Study with Mom & Dad, Fr, Drew facilitated, there were 12 of us today. Jim, M, D, J were there. M and I discussed after the meeting, I joined M&D for Eucharistic Adoration in the chapel. Took care of administrative stuff for the museum just now. Will visit a couple of friends in Oakland this afternoon.
~~~also picked up some medicine to get home.

THU 13 July 2017- Had a chat with G, a coworker of Erin & Rachael.

FRI 14 JULY 2017- Had a PT appointment for my back (due to babying my operated) & ankle.

SAT 15 JUNE 2017- Gave two Dinosaur tours: One for ~9 adults from all over the USA; another dinosaur tour was for a couple from South Korea with Pittsburgh connections. Also had a Spotlight @ Sinornithosaurus. I had visitors to the Spotlight guess/ hypothesize whether it were venomous or not; examine the fossil evidence (experiment); read the literature; decide if these supported or refuted the hypothesis, then fine-tune the original guess, especially if the scientific process were to continue. Lots of local visitors; some from Cambridge, OH; East Los Angeles, CA, Florida, Saudi Arabia. 86
Had great fun with Sawyer and Nikki afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home