That GI virus/ flu of June 2017, and bouncing back from it!
Very early the morning of the 3rd JUN 2017 I awoke to extreme vomiting and diarrhea. it lasted for about three hours, subsided long enough for me to get a couple of hours of sleep. Soon after it started I kept Pat H apprised, and sent ~2 more messages that morning, as I was scheduled for a spotlight in BOtany Hall SAT afternoon. Right before the museum opened (@ 9.25 AM) I called (in my stupor) the docent office, leaving a message for the lead docent that I would be absent SAT afternoon. By SUN I felt much better, but kept a distance from others, and I did forgo choir practice and Mass, Christina's baby shower (but handed the hand-made booties, with my poem, to Regina to deliver for me, which she kindly did), and the Philippine-American Performing Arts of Greater Pittsburgh (PAPAGP) board meeting.
MON 5 JUN 2017- I changed the M BR linens. Rested and got more strength back.
TUE 06 JUN 2017- I was scheduled for one tour (G-3, Geology & Dinosaurs), but added a second (G-1, Animals & Dinosaurs). My first tour group got to meet Dr. Matt L, "our resident paleontologist," and got to see the "near bird," described by him before continuing too far into the tour.
07 WED JUN 2017- 4-5 docents had a big no-show morning today---we were disappointed, but went about looking @ and planning future Spotlights and tours on this cold, overcast day. Made tacos for lunch.
08 THU JUN 2017- Spent most of the day sorting through a box of medical files...shred, toss, keep. Went for a walk with my cane, of course, with S from choir. She and I ended up walking to and chatting at the Frick Fine Arts Center on campus.
FRI 09 JUN 2017- Made some phone calls today; got some things finished.
SAT 10 JUN 2017- Cleaned more files out, went to work for a Spotlight on the Destroying Angel, which kills about 2/3 of the people who eat it. Several visitors from Ohio; some from India. Found in Botany Hall (2 hrs:77 total). Many of the survivors require liver transplants. Contains a cytotoxin, amatoxin.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0451279/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
at the Waterfront, with a bucket of buttery flavoring with popcorn. Great movie! The thought that used to go through my mind when younger and watching Lynda Carter
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074074/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2
as Wonder Woman was, "Yay! She's Wonder Woman [but she has to wear that unfortunate costume!]" I have to admit that I had that thought a few times during tonight's screening of the film, even though her "bathing suit" offered more coverage this time, as Debbie pointed out. I did miss the fact that Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman would spin to change from mild-mannered Diana Prince into Wonder Woman.
I liked the fact that the current Wonder Woman character spoke many different current and past languages, including ancient Greek.
Awesome film!
We stopped by/ windowshopped @ Target and went to Trader Joe's as well, where I spotted a large bag of oranges.
We watched Maroon 5 with Adam Levine YouTube video of "Sugar," in which they crash wedding receptions on the 6th December 2014 throughout the Los Angeles area. Great!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09R8_2nJtjg

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home