Fifth Week of Easter 2017
SUN 14 MAY 2017- Choir practice and choral Mass @ noon.
MON 15 MAY 2017- Lector at the 8.15 Mass, with Fr. Kris S celebrating the Mass for the Memorial of St. Isidore. Amanda Plazek provided music ministry from the loft. We sang:
"Come, Holy Ghost" for the entrance hymn and "How Sweet the Name of Jesus Sounds," for the recessional hymn. The Mass was offered up for Ruth Egler. I had a 14.00 appointment in Lawrenceville.
TUE 16 MAY 2017- I had an appointment in Squirrel Hill at 11.15 and right before the appointment, the fire alarm went off.
WED 17 MAY 2017- I had an appointment with two educators at 9.00 and then a 40-minute lesson after that. At 17.30 Debbie and I went to celebrate her birthday at Mad Mex (with Chocolate-filled Churros, too!) in Shadyside.
THU 18 MAY 2017- Two tours of Dinosaurs for grades 2, and for grade 1, respectively. At 17.00 Debbie and I headed to downtown for a reception---she won a stay in NC! Last choir Thursday practice of the season.
FRI 19 MAY 2017- Ithann's Bday. 120 sixth graders descended at once on 12 docents, each group for a tour of 3 Cultures. I started my group in Hopi, moved to Polar World, then on to Ancient Egypt. I gave one of the tours. Stacy and I had good, honest American food for dinner.
SAT 20 MAY 2017- Bought some B and D vitamins, then went to the Frick grounds and greenhouse to:
explore artist Elise Adibi’s Respiration Paintings, a multisensory installation in the greenhouse,
and then headed outdoors to paint with liquid watercolors and add salt or lemon juice to the wet painting to get various effects.
I described the Lion Attacking a Dromedary as a Spotlight in its relatively new position in the entrance hallway by the Sculpture Hall. There were Carnegie Mellon Mechanical Engineering graduates and their families in Carnegie Music Hall, followed by PhD candidates and their families in Carnegie Music Hall. A couple of women were visiting from Texas and Oklahoma, Some were visiting from Virginia, and one couple was from my hometown!
The PAPAGP meeting was cancelled this afternoon.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home