Sunday, June 25, 2017

Twelfth Week in Ordinary Time- 25 JUNE to 1 JULY, 2017

Dad and Mom and I attended noon Mass today. Fr. Adam  presented a good homily on "What do you fear?" His Liturgy of the Eucharist, was, as usual, with significance. Vince and Geri lectored. We chatted with Regina's extended family after Mass and spotted Don after his great organ postlude.

We headed to Costco in Homestead after Mass for grocery shopping and a pizza lunch. Carmen chatted with us after lunch, and we loaded up the car to head to the Carnegie Main Library. I renewed some books, returned one, and then had many grand--yet vain--attempts to find any version of Mom's In the Woods book (as she has lost the ability to read on her e-book reader). I got a new book by the same author (large print version), but this was not the ideal situation.

After some cookies and juice I'm chillaxin' at their home.

MON 26th to FRI 30th I'm attending a seminar, meetings, et al. Started back uptown on TUES 27th. Lots of new faces, but also some old faces, too (such as Feynman, who is all of 60 pounds and just as rambunctious as ever)! Debbie and Kayla stopped by to say hi. Lots of excitement.

THU 29th JUNE- SH and I went for a walk to the Schenley tent and back at ~ 19.45. It was a warm, humid evening with a slight breeze that made me think I was on vacation somewhere,,,Pittsburgh! I told SH that we should remember this day for 6 months from now.

FRI 30th JUNE 2017- Completed and demonstrated skills and competencies in the Development Dimensions International Customer Service seminars in Communication with Impact and Taking the H.E.A.T. 
Stopped by in human resources at one place to take care of some paperwork. I have brushed and flossed at least 3 times this week so far...also rinsed a couple of times, as well.

SAT 1 JULY 2017- Paid some bills this morning. Led a tour at 11.00 and one at 11.30 through dinosaur hall. There were at least four youngsters in each of both tours. There was a solid group of about 12 comprising the first group (with a family from London, Canada), and a group of about 10 total in the second group. Had a Spotlight about the headdress of ancient Egyptian royalty/ Uraeaus/ image of Egyptian cobra until 2.30PM. Went to the Carnegie Public Library to look up some things, to visit Terri and Mary Ellen, and to pick up Mom's book on reserve. 81

Debbie and I met at the People's Gas Gate to go to the concert of Boyz II Men, Paula Abdul, and New Kids on the Block. B2M were 50 minutes, PJA was 40 minutes (both until 21.00), and NKOTB were until ~23.15. We had a grand time! Debbie was nice enough to give me a ride home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home