Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas morn before Dawn 2017

Before 6.00 the kids headed downstairs; Wa, MM and I followed soon after. We watched the younger set open and test their presents, then we opened some of ours. BB and I prepared batter for buttermilk pancakes (a double batch), we set it in the refrigerator to rise, and she cooked them up. Om nom for SC, her Daddy, and me. ...MM just now headed downstairs after a post-present-opening nap. We're all waiting for k and K to Arrive for another round of present unwrapping and pancakes!
~~~~~~~
At ~ 9.30 after k and K arrived the power went out. We had been unwrapping all but J O's family's presents. KEA taught all the adults but me Nertz. I took a well-deserved nap then. Marissa went for a short hike and reported on the wildlife she had spotted. The kids went sledding on the sleds brought by k and K. I took lots of winter landscape photos.

The adults were in the dining room when the power temporarily came back briefly after noon.

Wa made lunch---pasta puttanesca with toast. K started the turkey stock for the stuffing for the bird, Christmas! He also started his famous onion tarts, started yesterday, k made clam dip to join the homemade spinach/water chestnut/vegetable dip from yesterday by K. I was the acting head of the dishwashing contingent. The other adults started a game of Ticket to Ride as I finished up at the sink. I'm writing this post now.

S and B will probably join us later today, perhaps for dinner.
~~~~~~~
~22.50
Gabriel's parents, R &H, were over for dinner, as well. R and I spoke about painting and other art making. I showed her my submissions for the BH retrospective and my 2015 portfolio. A collaborative effort, dinner was a plovely spread, centered around Christmas, the turkey of S and B, stuffing (both prepared by K) and sweet potatoes, twice baked potatoes by k, various presentations of vegetables hand carried from afar by our guests, and the Bouche de NOel by BB and k. Also, the fruits of our labor from the Ugly Sweater coOkie  Decorating Contest.
Lovely dinner conversation. We even talked about "Exit through the Gift shop", modernism and Post-modernism, and current art movement said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home