22 NOV to AT SUN 03 DEC--to FRI 08 DEC 2017
TUE 21 NOV 2017- Thanksgiving break week! I had an appointment with my Primary Care Physician in the morning and Mom had an appointment with her Primary Care Physician in the afternoon. Major amounts of grading this week...free moments eaten up by grading.
WED 22 NOV 2017- Prepare for Thanksgiving. Went to sleep early. k and K arrived very late.
Thanksgiving Day- 23 NOV 2017- The girls sang an Elvis song in memorial to Auntie Mimang. Ten of us had a grand Thanksgiving meal at the Grand Concourse--at 9.45. Notable were les truffes de chocolat! Our table consisted of William and his three, Les, k and K, M and D, and me.
We also had an appointment at Escapeburgh for the Pirate Escape Room. That was seven of us--W and M, B and S, k and K, and me. We escaped from the room with 13 minutes to spare! It was great fun!
FRI 24 NOV 2017- Appointment with the ankle doctor. Even more grading. k and K here until...
SAT 25 NOV 2017- k and K took off mid afternoon, and D drove to the airport.
SUN 26 NOV 2017- Went to noon Mass--The Feast of Christ the King! Wreath weekend. Ran into Drs. Ric and Debbie.Had lunch at Little Asia with Sarah R and Aisha. More grading.
MON 27 NOV 2017- Grading and late afternoon physical therapy appointment. Debbie and I went after that to see Coco (Disney musical movie) at the Waterworks cinema in Aspinwall. We had loved the trailer, so decided to see the flick. It's about a little Mexican boy and his relationship to his family. I loved the movie!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2380307/?ref_=nv_sr_1
TUE 28 NOV 2017- I had the second appointment of the day for my hip orthopedic surgeon. C took my hip X rays. He recommended another specialist for me. Back to work soon after that appointment.
WED 29 NOV 2017-Taught lab this afternoon again. Maureen and I went for Mineo's pizza and ducked into the Games store across the way afterwards. She was here for a short visit.
THU 30 NOV 2017- I departed early for work, first at the computer connection, then at the teaching lab. Before lab started three of my students, WL, SM, and MM, had their photos taken as finalists for the NSF group grant proposal which they crafted.
This week was Enzymes presentation week.
Chatted with Stacy before heading out to choir practice.
FRI 01 DEC 2017- Sent my gradesheet early, since I had a lot of medical appointments today. For example, an early morning appointment with a new back orthopedic surgeon. Physical therapy after lunch (an additional five pounds of pull!) Tonight I will go to a YMCA event with Debbie. I'll bring my cane/ chair.
~~~~~
The YMCA event was called A Night on the Northside. There was a great band (the Bachelor Boys), great tapas & desserts (small plates by the Chefs from Federal Gallery), and a great event hosted by the YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh at Alloy 26/ NoVA Place. We were marveling at the crocheted decorations about the lighting above the band. The event was held to honor the contributions of the Y's extraordinary volunteers.
SAT 02 DEC 2017- A day to catch up on grading and more grading. Watched a David Foster special including Charisse P on PBS.
SUN 03 DEC 2017- I awoke at about 6.00AM. Spent a lazy 2 hours before I made phone calls and took care of auto stuff. At about 11.00 I signed up for a substitute lector spot (for Jeff S) at the eleventh hour. I lectored with Elizabeth B; Fr. Adam V celebrated the Mass, Christina cantored,
Ran into EJ's folks and took photos of 3 Thai women in front of the altar.
Had lunch afterwards---took a bus to the Cathedral of Learning for the Nationality Rooms Project's annual Holiday Open House. Ran into Christina L on my way into the building, watched some performances by the French troupe, Pardon My French (greeted EMB while there), visited some rooms and booths on the south and west sides of the first floor, then headed up to the third floor. Visited some rooms on the south-facing side, took an elevator to the first floor, visited Cheryl at her post, stopped by some food booths, and sat to observe some performances.
I caught the end of the Shovlin Academy of Irish Dance (Saw Liz there), followed by the Tzu Chi Academy (passed along greetings), then FAAP performed an abbreviated Sinkil, Malong dance, and a Sailboat dance with two dancers. Saw Lisa T between dancer sets. As the Balmoral Pipes and Drums played a Seann Truibhas for a couple of dancers and a march, I noticed the evacuation lights on an upper floor, and decided to depart as they played Amazing Grace. I waited until EMB ensured the call to the campus number before leaving.
Time for a little bit of grading.
MON 04 DEC 2017- Physical therapy at lunchtime today.
TUE to THU 05-07 DEC 2017- ADminister last (long) quiz today, Wednesday, and Thursday.
THU W & I took the bus to retrieve Dad and Mom from the airport.
FRI 08 DEC 2017- Picked up a letter from my back physician's office before physical therapy today. End of the last week of classes/ the last week of administering or directly teaching the students.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home