Sunday, February 18, 2018

SUN 18 FEB 2018

SUN 18 FEB 2018- k and K and Ben came to M and D's house last night. We watched some of the Olympics, Ben played a game of chess with Dad, we ate some of the pancit noodles, and then headed to my home to sleep.

I awoke ~ 6.30,  showered, changed, and reviewed the reading for today's Mass. Ben and I had breakfast of pancakes, butter, cranberry- apple squlutch (with cinnamon and cloves, previously frozen and thawed), maple syrup from West Virginia, whole milk yogurt, and orange juice. k and K joined us, and we discussed cultural hijacking (my term) before Ben had to catch his bus.

I met up with k and K chez M and D after, and headed to prepare to read for Mass. Fr. Tom Kunz celebrated Mass at noon with Deacon Chuck Rhoads. Linda O cantored, and Jeff S was the first lector. I was the lector for the second reading. There were four servers. Dad was among the Eucharistic Ministers. The order of worship included:

Introit: When he calls to me I will answer him...
Entrance Hymn: Lord, who throughout these forty days
Kyrie: Kyrie Orbis Factor
Reading 1: Genesis 9: 8-15
Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 25 (R. Kreutz)
Reading 2:    1 Peter 3: 18-22
Gospel Acclamation: Orbis Factor
Gospel: Mark 1: 12-15
Preparation of the Gifts: Sicut Cervus (G. Palestrina)
Sanctus- Mass XVIII
Acclamation from the Roman Missal
Amen- from the Danish Mass (R. Kraehenbuhl)
Lamb of God- from the Holy Cross Mass (D. Isele)
Communion Antiphon- He will overshadow you with his pinions... (R. Farrell)
Communion Hymn- One does not live by bread alone (R. Weismann)
Communion Meditation- A Song of Reflection (C. Mawby)
Recessional Hymn- Lenten Prayer (verse 1) (S.D. Dufner)

M and D and I met up with Aisha and with the A's and Maggie and Peter after Mass; met up with k and K at M and D.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home