Jen and Brian's engagement party
This weekend I attended Jen and Brian's engagement party at Jen's home. Both "his -n- her" family members were present, including her nieces and nephews. A group of us went on a short field trip of Jen's backyard and down the road a bit. Jen's 3- year-old nephew Patrick enjoyed this, as well as informing Jen and I of the highlights of the field trip: The house with the people waving at us from inside, the basketball hoop, the cars travelling on the road below, the bicycles, and the rocks on the path.
It was nice to relax with the CAC friends--Rebecca and Mike, Maggie and Ken, and Jen and Brian. That reminds me of other things I love about summer--sitting for hours outside after dinner and just chatting; waiting for the thin, white sliver of moon to show in the night sky followed by the planets and stars. I mentioned that everytime I've been to Jen's there's always been great stargazing there. Ken recalled that that was true of the night he and Maggie met at Jen's house.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home