Saturday, December 09, 2006

Lunch with Louis

Thursday, Louis and I had lunch at the Middle Eastern restaurant in the neighborhood. I ran into Gabe and Jennifer from the choir there, before seating. We shared the big platter of various vegetarian dips and finger foods, as well as a spinach pie. We decided to get the spanakopita next time. Louis said that he and his girlfriend would attend the choir concert on Sunday. It was a nice, relaxing meal and we braved the elements as we departed.

Just a week ago, the weather on Monday the 27th of November through ~10am on Friday the 1st of December was downright balmy, ranging from the high 50's to mid-60s F during the day. There was talk of the weather then, and the occasional discussion of global warming. I would then mention that my cousins in the Nederlands have yet to see the canals freeze over, in contrast to the stories of Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates. For over 30 years, the canals have yet to freeze. Either way it does not bode well for general environmental concerns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home