Nationality Room Open House, Duquesne University's Advent and Christmas Concert 2006
I was walking to Fifth Avenue when I ran into Alroy, a fellow chorister from the Cathedral choir. He was looking for a place to eat, and I told him about the Nationality Room Holiday Open House. We met people, got munchies, toured some of the decorated rooms, and I ran into Dr. Pat, Colette, and Mary Lou and Dr. Pat's apos while touring the Early American Room. We had a chance to see the Italian, Scottish, and Chinese dance performances. We saw FAAP members, including Nenette, the outgoing president, and Tina, the incoming president. We ran into Barb and Renee on the first floor. I saw Dewi tatting lace in the Croghan-Schenley room. We ate some Turkish and Pinoy food, ran into Mom and Dad, and then arrived at 3pm at St. Paul's Cathedral for Duquesne University's Advent and Christmas Concert.
Alroy and I said "Hi," to Don as we entered the Church, and were held spellbound for most of the concert. We marvelled at Amelia Chapman's breath control--she sang the soprano solo for Lux Aurumque (E. Whitacre). Amazing!
I look forward to meeting the Philippine Consul General this afternoon and dining with her tonight.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home