Dad's Home!
Dad returned home after a short medical mission with PAMS.
Last week was minus teens wind chill: COOLD! Last Monday I hunkered down for most of the day--didn't go to campus, didn't go to the radio station, didn't make it to a Cathedral meeting.
Mom and I took the bus to meet dad at the airport, after we had received several emails from famiy recognizing him on Wow Wow Wee! a Philippine game show. (He attended Wow Wow Wee! with a dozen other attendees of the medical mission in Batangas City, Philippines. They invited him to participate in the game show portion, and lost to a 9-year-old girl.) It had snowed, and started to rain on our way back from the airport--the bus driver took the frontage road instead of 279 N on the way home. The University of Pittsburgh closed early yesterday. More work for me because one of my classes was cancelled.
Dad and I were two of about only a dozen people who attended Mass this morning: Fr. Tom and Jeff were on the altar celebrating Mass, which was brief because of the cold and the lack of music. The people at Mass were warm, though, and we wished each other warm wishes and a happy Valentines Day. It had rained last night, so there was a layer of ice sandwiched between the snow. I used my hiking boots and baston to get around. Icicles abounded from last night; the rain had started to freeze ~10pm.
Labels: cold, Mass, medical mission, Philippines, TV

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home