Monday, January 08, 2007

Marissa's Birthday; Kelly's Retreat 2007

Marissa and William went to the movies for her birthday yesterday. Mom and I stayed with Beatrice, who had two 3 oz. bottles and slept for most of the time. Mom and I finally watched the last three quarters of the show "Deal or No Deal," and we incessantly commented on the ridiculousness of the show. We then watched the national casting calls for "Grease," which will be a musical soon on Broadway. William and Marissa then arrived at home, bearing white pizza (yum!) and then, after we each tried a slice, Mom and I headed home; returning once to retrieve the slice set aside for Dad. A fun evening with "the girls"!
~~~~~
Earlier that day Kelly called Mom and Dad and I also had a chance to talk to her about her 10-day silent retreat. We talked about a lot of things, including the ban on journaling (or any writing) and on cell phones and on any sort of communication (including non-verbal). She was sooo thankful about our family (and I told her about my daily thankfulness prayer), and we spoke also about controlling one's responses to others and to one's environment. We had a great, communicative chat with each other that we haven't had in several years. We finished our conversation by my revealing to her that I am going on a weekend retreat soon.
~~~~~
Tuesday ~9AM
The retreat I was planning to attend was cancelled.. :n( It will probably be postponed for another day.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home