Sunday, December 09, 2007

Annual Tea 2007

Yesterday was the Wellesley Alumnae annual tea. We enjoyed our individually-chosen flavored teas. I enjoyed an Irish tea with two lumps of sugar per cup with ample cream. There were savory tea sandwiches, sweet tartlets, and small scones with clotted cream. Kelly, our chapter president, caught us up on the current state-of-affairs at the college with brochures. There were about a dozen of us in attendance. Kelly, Lucy, Eileen, Amy, and I discussed everything from the recent article in the Post-Gazette (December 5, 2007, Magazine section) about the La Roche dance major who is working toward a career in law enforcement to the fact that Amy had interviewed the neurosurgeon from Oliver Sack's newest book, Musicophilia. She was quite struck with how matter-of-fact he was about his situation. Kelly and I had a chance to catch up with Stephanie, whom we have missed at recent events.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home