Friday, December 07, 2007

Low Gas Prices!

An honest error while entering computer data at a Wisconsin gasoline station led to prices not seen since the 1970's! Gasoline was being sold at pennies to the gallon, while the price of light, sweet crude hovers around $100/bbl.

The error was noticed by the local police, who saw cars lining up at the station after ten in the evening in a small Wisconsin town.

What was I doing when that price first hit? My family was on summer vacation in the Great Smokey Mountains of North Carolina. We were learning how to square dance, play ping pong, and I had added to my beginning doll collection a Native American doll. We were learning how to keep away from the blood-thirsty mosquitoes. It was a great trip, and I remember my Dad bemoaning the fact that gasoline was over 30 cents per gallon as we paid for a visit to the pumps.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home