Saturday, January 05, 2008

Epiphany 2008

I attended the Polish Epiphany celebration two years ago, but this year was special--the anticipated Mass was celebrated by none other than Bishop David Zubic. My friend and former coworker attended the Mass; I bussed to Polish Hill right as it ended. I saw many friends from the Oratory, from Sacred Heart Parish, from CAC, Fr. Andrew from St. Paul Cathedral, and some CAC alumni: Jen, Maggie, Ken, and their new son Drew. Jen and I had sung in their wedding just a little over a year ago.

The concert commenced with a polonaise sung by the choir and danced by the pairs of dancers. The choir was occasionally accompanied by the string group. Through the concert, our friend Margie sang several duet soli and soli. Near the end there was a solemn procession of angels; Mary, Joseph, and Jesus; the shepards, and the Wise M/en. Throughout the concert I heard people singing carols with the choir and tapping their feet. What a joyous occasion!

Margie was kind to give my friend and me a lift to Oakland after the concert. Upon arrival at their home, I joined forces with Mom and Dad to babysit Beatrice--she just fell asleep a few minutes ago. Her parents are at the Steelers game!
~~~
8am Sunday
Little bits of snow
Evidences of snow on the ground.
It will be in the 50's today
And then in the 60's Monday and Tuesday.
Such extremes...
We are getting used to it.
~~~
Sunday 8:30 pm
Nancy from choir and I spent the last few hours with Amy and her friends Liz, Britta, and Mary Beth. It was a "Wise Women" Epiphany gathering of souls. The food was delicious, and we enjoyed each others' company. We three choristers ended up by the fire, talking about singing (Eva Cassidy, Calabria Foti, Paul Potts).

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home