Friday, April 25, 2008

Palo Alto, April/May 2008

Arrived late last night after a layover in Phoenix. Benny was sick at home, so he had me, Mom and Dad, and Phyl and Gene watching him today. We transplanted a mini mandarin orange tree, played with dinosaurs, read books, waited for his Daddy to come home for lunch, and took a "nap," for all of five minutes. Joyce arrived bearing a Thank You/appreciation basket from work. Baseball/whiffle ball was played by Grandma Phyl, Lolo, and Benny at bat. He really has a good eye!! I took some photos of the backyard activity.

When Joyce and Miranda arrived from school, we examined the silkworms, and I told them about the trees in our yard growing up. Mom and I gained a whole wardrobe each from Joyce, who is now a size zer0! We had dinner of corned beef, ciabatta, steamed broccoli, and salad. I gave the kids showers, during which time Miranda asked me about how hair grows...we discussed it before bedtime reading. Then Miranda practiced her part reading the general intercessions/petitions for Sunday.

Getting ready for bed and a big day tomorrow!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home