Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Orthopedic Surgeon Visit, after First Three Weeks

So, changes, after visiting Dr. Larry and Dr. Hany (removed my SteriStrips):

~no crutches: Cane
~all sorts of Rx's for procedures, outpatient physical therapy, a change in pain medication
~don't have to follow 90 degree rule
~no more Arixtra (blood thinner), nor TED hose necessary
~can take Vitamin E

+my lower R thigh and knee hurt because the iliotibial muscle was cut to gain access during surgery. This will heal.
+my coccyx area is numb, probably from sitting about.
+the feeling of pressure around the incision site will go away as swelling decreases.
+no noticeable difference in leg length was noted.

-full weight-bearing is allowed.
-I CAN SWIM NOW!! :n)
-I can walk on uneven surfaces

We saw the "before and after" films of my R hip, with no acetabulum and after, with hybrid Co-Cr metal pieces and a polyethylene cup liner. I had the smallest size stem installed.

What this means:
I can walk about with a cane
I can dance soon
I can go hiking soon
I CAN SWIM
Be patient
I can go to the choir get-together on Saturday!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home