Thursday, August 28, 2008

O My Poor...

O my poor left hip! Yesterday, despite only having half a day (three hours) on my feet---with the morning spent sitting---and walking to and from work, I had serious pain yesterday evening through to this morning, despite bed rest. I took two acetaminophen with breakfast this morning.
~~~
Yesterday, my coworker, Karen C., stopped by during my office hours and I demonstrated for her the stability of my new hip by doing a mini-arabesque.

And that's my operated hip...

I switched to my other hip, and I simply stood upon both legs... :n(

And that's my unoperated hip...

She was amazed, simply astounded. Many of my coworkers are, when comparing my status with that of spring semester. I assured her that I would eventually have my other hip done.
~~~~~
I spoke earlier this week on the phone with Maria, Kirsten's sister. We had a wonderful discussion during which I heard a blow-by-blow account of her walk through her home (to discover various "experiments" her sons had conducted), and I told her stories I tell my students the first day. I said, "I'm more together than when I thought I was together," and she agreed for herself. We have both been through so many changes, it is good to be friends for each other.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home