Monday, October 27, 2008

Albinoni's Adagio for Strings

Today, while heading to the grocery store, I heard the Adagio in G minor by Albinoni on WQED. Saddened by the news from a student and by the news from a colleague today, I became teary-eyed.
~~~~~

Today my voice was still gone, had asked Michele if she could lecture for me (she couldn't), and asked Tom to lecture for me at the beginning and at the end of the Enzymes II laboratory, which he did. He supplied his version of the Power Point presentation to the students. I was still able to talk to individual groups of students and also ask students to make classroom-wide announcements for me. I need to treat Tom to lunch or something like that.
~~~~~

I've been eating more fish, upping the omega-3 fatty acids in my diet the past few days, in addition to taking 2000mg of omega-3 fatty acids in the form of fish oil extract daily, and my glucosamine chondroitin supplement, 400 I.U. of vitamin E daily, and a multivitamin in addition to extra strength Tylenol. I'll see my orthopedist tomorrow, so I'll update her about my dietary changes.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home