Thursday, March 12, 2009

Father Leo Vanyo's Mass of Christian Burial

We went to the hip doctor this morning. The attending or resident doctor has the same name as one of my students! I am pleased with the outcome of my first hip replacement, and the outcome of the appointment was that I should think about when I should have my surgery and call the office to schedule it.

~~~~~
The Mass for Christian Burial for Reverend Leo V. Vanyo was held this morning at eleven o'clock. The principal celebrant was Bishop David A. Zubik, Bishop of Pittsburgh. Doreen and his family from Ohio were visible in the first rows, where Dad and I sat. Daphne cantored, and the choir sang

Prelude: Sicut Cervus
Lift High the Cross
Psalm 23 (J. Gelineau)
Dies Irae
Acclamations (R. Proulx)

Communion:
Ave Verum Corpus
Gift of Finest Wheat (Kreutz)
Jesus So Lowly

Rite of Commendation:
Saints of God (R. Proulx)

Dismissal: In Paradisum (Plainsong)
Salve Regina [Sung by the Diocesan Priests]
I Know that my Redeemer Lives

Spoke with Mrs. Belinda T. and Renee after Mass, Daphne, and Lilly (who sang in the choir).

~~~~
I treated Mom & Dad to Japanese buffet for lunch. We went shopping for table linens afterwards, and I went to physical therapy and donated some items after. I had a small dinner, and then went to choir practice. We had a new choral member join, Craig. Nancy and I chatted for a while after practice.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home