Spring Break 2009 II
Spent the morning going through old slides, catching up on correspondence, eating breakfast, and going to physical therapy. Stopped by on campus to get a little work done, and added my photo to my professional blog. Had a croque monsieur on half of a sun-dried tomato bagel, and green salad for lunch with mom and dad. What fun! Just watched a WQED special, Masters of Glass, about the Pittsburgh Glass Center.
~~~
After tuna noodle casserole and greens salad for dinner, I completed the necklace Dad and I started from the glass rosette/floral piece (which I bought with Karina). Dad helped me to get the jump rings onto the chain to attach the magnetic clasps, and I worked on the pendant.
We're watching Dancing with the Stars tonight.
~~~~
Tuesday 10 March 2009
I sent my City Tax Form (2008) out today. After lunch, Marissa, William, Beatrice, Solomon, and I went to the Pittsburgh Toy Lending Library. Neither William nor I had been there before, and upon entering, Beatrice headed directly for the far end of the room and the castle. We played in the room with the balls and with various items there, including a car and gas pump. We also watched Beatrice paint in the art room, and she and I cleaned up together afterwards. Solomon and Marissa moved toys from the top floor of the doll house throughout the house, whilst William, Beatrice, and I had fun with the various hats (astronaut helmet, construction worker, etc.) We were certain to use the hand sanitizer on the way out. I thanked Beatrice for inviting me to join them today.
I found the talented picture of me "and a balloon" Beatrice drew for me. She is very observant and talented when it comes to faces. Maybe she will be like Lolo, whose high school classmates dubbed "the next Michelangelo."
I stopped by Lolo and Lola's place to share the picture with them, and have made earrings for the floating glass mirror necklace I made first. I will work on designing another necklace this afternoon.
~~~~~
Wednesday 12 March 2009
Yesterday evening I went to the PNR meeting---it was a small group that night. We spoke mainly about questions Maxine Bruhns had about design issues, and how we would address them. The meeting lasted about 2-3 hours.
Today, Karina and I dined with Maureen at Victor's restaurant. The buffet was great, then we walked to the public library for Karina to drop off some books. A stop in the bead shop was in order, and Karina repaired the clasp part of a bracelet I had purchased.
A nap followed, until choir practice.
Labels: art, blogs, Choir, citizenship, cleaning, dance, dining, email, exercise, family, games, glass, jewelry, library, painting, photography, photos, PNR, TV, water exercise

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home