Up Early
So, I'm up early today---listened to the morning interview of Lois Lowry on the early Sunday radio show, headed to Mom & Dad's to do a few errands and to review my work for next week, and to check my email (nothing new since late last night)...I think about the friends and family I spoke with yesterday: Auntie Chi and Uncle Sonny, Luce (and her upcoming visit), Nancy (and our plans for Wednesday, Saturday, and then for Friday), Grace Y. (and our plans for Jenny to visit), Maureen (and our plans for after Mass); and the message not left for Anjali (including the thoughts of her---by many alti and soprani in choir---upon singing the conclusion of Bob Farrell's "Crucifixus")...and I write of these thoughts here.
I think of Mom and I watching "Dancing with the Stars" last night, our pleasant dinner with Dad after they returned from shopping...I think of the stars as I travel between Mom & Dad's home and mine early in the pre-dawn: The Big Dipper/ Big Bear/ Ursa Major visible from our urban outposts...and I heard little birdies in the trees twittering to each other as I travelled between our two locales early this morning.
I think of our friends, Rita, Elaine, and Mary Lou, to whom I delivered slices of homemade chocolate cake last night---and how Kevin and Rich in the garage turned down cake(!)
~~~~
After choir practice and singing in the choir during Mass Maureen and I drove to the Chinese buffet in Monroeville to meet my parents there. We enjoyed lunch there, and then I drove Maureen and I to the Monroeville Mall for some shopping. We went to Panera Bread near her home for a snack. Then I headed home and brought her to the Oratory for Eucharistic Adoration late in the afternoon.
Labels: biology, blogs, Choir, dance, dining, excited, laundry, music, seasons, singing, Songs, St. Paul Cathedral, stars, TV, writing

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home