Remembrances
It sure was a good thing that Maureen stopped by (and Dad took a picture of us together) to chat in Mom and Dad's lobby this past evening (with Rita C. present there with her aide). I told Maureen about what I do daily, and mentioned how my parents are very medically supportive---including giving me my anticoagulant injection---which led me to remember the shot I had forgotten due to naps this afternoon.
Maureen was more than kind to bring Benzel chocolate covered pretzels from her hometown. Chocolate has found its way to my lips this operation-go-round more than once: Stacy and her Lindt dark-milk-white chocolate truffly Lindor thingys, Tita Tina and family's malted milk balls, milk duds, and chocolate turtle biscotti...the delights delight and tantalize. As it seems that I have lost some weight due to the surgery and due to my increased post-operative activity, I try to eat healthfully, but also leave room in my diet for chips and chocolates...from my lips to my hips, so to speak.
Anyway, upon returning to the condominium apartment after my visit with Maureen, I announced to Mom my forgetfulness this afternoon (about two and a half hours' worth, even with the hour time window), and we remedied this problem tout de suite.
~~~
Whilst downstairs, we saw JoAnn I. depart with her brother-in-law Joe W. She asked for prayers as she undergoes surgery tomorrow. I asked her at what time, and promised to pray for her.
~~~~~
Haven't quite figured out what causes or prevents bruising with the anticoagulant medication. Only thing I can figure is that there is a different dispensing device (maybe?) than last year. There remain two very large bruises from my first two days in the hospital, there was one tiny pinprick from the third day in the hospital (when nurse Jeff delivered it), and various-sized tiny, small bruises from when Mom has delivered the medication. I haven't figured out what the bruising size or retention is due to....
Labels: BAD, chocolate, friends, health, neighbors, pain, prayer, surgery

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home