Glamour, Game Shows, Dating Advice, and...Work?!
Here is a link from Glamour Magazine that shows how successful game show contestents have similar qualities as successful dates.
• Be open-minded.
• Stay engaged with the interviewer and the world around you.
• Learn to laugh at yourself.
• Energy, energy, energy!
• Be authentic.
As someone who teaches, I realize that I tell my students ideas for studying from game shows:
• Have a study group.
• Divvy up the work.
• Make up sample questions and quiz each other.
• Play the game!
• Be ready for virtually any fair question.
• It's okay to look foolish...but only while practicing.
• It's all up to YOU in the end.
• Don't be surprised by comprehensive questions. It's a final exam.
• Don't be surprised by manipulatives: It's a practical exam.
Of course, I don't necessarily say the above-mentioned sentences. I tell them specific advice from a lab, examples. Some of them "get" it, and others don't listen. It's not up to me to make them do their work.
So, the theme for today's blog post is GAME SHOWS.
Mom's favorite game show is Jeopardy! She's been watching it since the beginning. Intelligentia trivia, I see why she likes it so much.
Karina mentioned this week a game show similar to "Name that Tune" from India at which I would be good. Linking music....
Game shows: One of my favorite genres for watching tv, and for helping students to study.
I must write more in a future post.
Labels: games, list, love, student, surprise, teaching, tests, TV, work

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home