Saturday, April 17, 2010

Last Week of Class, Spring 2010

Seeing as I teach a laboratory class, this week has been the last week of class for my students.

This week was William's birthday, and we went to Thai Cuisine with his family and Mom and Dad for dinner. Thursday morning Marissa and the children and I walked to the public library. We saw the art work made by some of the children in the corridor on the way to the children's room.

We had fun reading books, and Beata demonstrated how she has been doing self-checkout. Friday I met up with William, Marissa, and the children by the art tent, and watched buggy races. They each made a miniature wooden buggy. I also lectored at Friday's morning Mass, with Fr. Kim celebrating, John serving, and Don providing the music ministry from the loft. <40>

It was set-up time for doing the practical Friday, C's last time! We will miss her---I will miss her. I brought home Plant 1--Coleus, but not before taking care of some administrative tasks.

Friday night Maureen and I spotted tickets from my neighbors, J & T, for the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra. We had a Scottish snack on the way there, and visiting conductor Juraj Valcuha conducted the PSO in Zemlinsky's Die Seejungfrau, the Mermaid. Intermission was spent enjoying Andes candies, and Yefim Bronfman joined the orchestra on piano for Beethoven's Concerto No. 3 in C minor, Op. 37. He was absolutely brilliant, noticeable in those solo passages. A standing ovation ensued, and he played an encore solo piece.

Maureen and I had a lovely evening, and we plan on another adventure this morning after my laundry is through.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home