Saturday, April 10, 2010

SIS Distinguished Alumnus Award

Yesterday I lectored at Mass in the morning. Ken provided music ministry at the portative organ, John was the altar server, and Fr. Kim had switched with Fr. Bill for the morning Mass. The first reading was from the Acts of the Apostles, and the Gospel reading spoke about dropping the nets in a fortuitous place for catching fish. Fr. Kim spoke about Youth Ministry before Mass, and Ken spoke about the church on Polish Hill and photographs on the web. <48>

I dropped off my packets of graded papers from this week for my students to pick up just after noon.

Mom, Dad, and I had lunch (pancit! beef peanut soup! and strawberries and pears!), and then I took a nap.

I graded quizzes from about 14.00 to 17.30, half-finishing my task.

I went home to change for the School of Information Sciences Distinguished Alumni & Professional Achievement Awards Ceremony at the Athletic Association. My former professor, Ange Pollis, was awarded the Distinguished Alumni Award for 2010. Ken S was awarded the 2010 Professional Achievement Award. His family was present, as was Ange's, and I asked him if he were related to my classmate A, who started Protest Easy Guns (he's not). Ange and her sister Helen were and looked lovely, and we chatted easily at times throughout the evening.

I caught up with SLA friends Denise, Kim G, and I met SIS Alumni president Joe I. Carolyn B was there, and we chatted about her daughter growing up.

A lovely evening.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home