All Soul's Day 2011
After work Wednesday, I went to choir practice for All Souls Day. We sang at Mass, with Don conducting and Ken at the Portative organ:
Come to Me, O Weary Traveller (Matthew II, Sylvia Dunstan/ Stuttgart, Christian F Witt)
Kyrie (Chant)
Psalm 23 (Wood, D Fellows)
Gospel Acclamation (J. Berthier)
Intercessional Response (Lord, Hear Our Prayer), including those for the deceased of St. Paul Cathedral
Lighting of the Candles and Preparation of Gifts: The Beatitudes (Russian Orthodox Chant) and O Lord, We Believe (Robert Kreutz)
Sanctus (Vatican Mass XVIII)
Memorial Acclamation and Amen (R. Proulx's Community Mass)
Agnus (Chant)
Communion: Let Us Go to the House of the Lord
and
Panis Angelicus (C. Franck)
Recessional Hymn: God's Blessing Sends Us Forth (O. Westendorf/St. Elizabeth, Leipzig)
Noreen, Elaine, Craig, Nancy, Venera, and Paolo and I sat and chatted together. Also saw Fr. Breier, Fr. Steve P., Jean H., and Daphne there.
~~~~~
I saw Noreen this afternoon and she stated that she was not planning to attend the refreshments and fellowship after the Mass, but that she is glad that she did.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home