Saturday, December 10, 2011

Therese of Lisieux

I watched the last half of a movie about the life of Saint Therese of Lisieux (2004) with Mom on EWTN. As usual, we diagnosed her and her treatment (or lack thereof) in the nineteenth century. We also watched "The Making of Therese" afterwards.

I have found rose petals in the most unusual places---in the narrow, winding stairwell leading to the choir loft in Killarney, Ireland; on the sidewalk of Hot Metal Street on the Southside of Pittsburgh; and numerous other places where there were no flowers nearby, nor should there be flowers nearby ever. Yes, those were instances of Therese ("The Little Flower") making her presence known. She has a special place in Mom's heart.

I told Mom that I don't think I would make a very good nun, as I have problems with obedience. "Obedience issues" I might call that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home