Pittsburgh International Children's Festival 2012
This morning I waited for Solomon and his grandparents by listening to the fisherman's tale from Germany as told by Sydelle Pearl under the big tent at the community stage. I met her after the story, and she handed me information about her new book.
I met up with Solomon and Les at the carousel. Solomon and I went to the petting zoo, and we got a small baby bottle for the animals to nurse from. We walked up to the nonchalant llamas, who remained so. The lambs, goats, and cattle swarmed around Solomon. "Hold on to it with both hands, buddy!" and "Hold it bottom up!" were exclamations from me. Les joined us after we had left (leaving in our trail baby animals ready to nurse) the pen. We observed the piglets, chicks, and ducklings, as well as the pony before we departed for the library. After a break on the first floor there (including a water break during which Solomon declared, "I Have a wet mustache!")(and in the children's room), we met up with Les under the big tent.
We walked to the Porch, to meet Cherie, who shared her Manhattan clam chowder and grilled cheese sandwich with all of us. Les went off to get children's sunscreen for Solomon. We ordered a pepperoni pizza and a milk for Solomon, and a homemade seasonal strawberry-mint soda for me. We were waiting for the Steel Drum Band performance from the local (Obama) school. Cherie heard the steel drum band warming up, and I headed for the big tent whilst the guys headed for the carousel. The three of us enjoyed the music, and danced, and had fun.
When the meter ran out we walked to the car and met Cherie there. I got a ride home with them, and I delivered about a dozen bags of clothing, toys, and housewares for donation to the South Side.
I'm ready for a cool, quiet rest-of-the-afternoon.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home