How I Rang in 2014
So, the evening of the 31st I watched Jeopardy! with Mom and then took a nap. I set my alarm to awaken me about an hour before midnight, and I watched KDKA news at 11 and the views of Downtown from that evening to try to spot William's family at First Night. This was nixed by Mom for the ball dropping in New York City. Dad, Mom, and I rang in the New Year with wasa and captain's crackers and cream cheese with Santa Fe cheese ball and lox. We clinked glasses with blueberry grape sparkling juices. Ommm nummm. I hit the hay about 1.00 on New Year's Day.
New Year's Day Dad, Mom, and I attended Mass at the Cathedral. Fr. Mike Roche celebrated, Matt H was one of the readers, and Sean and Ken provided the music ministry. After Mass we went to William's family to have a homemade brunch (featuring Dutch baby) and Lola's homemade pineapple upside-down cake. After Pinky Rose and BeaBea's portrait studio, (of which Mom and I partook), and a special project which I had for the grown-ups at the party, and after a cool Scrabble electronic game, Mom, Dad, and I went to the Philippine-American Performing Arts of Greater Pittsburgh New Year's party. I sang some karaoke/ Minus-One with the best of them there.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home