Sunday, November 09, 2014

Sunday- Lector, Donut Sunday, Finished Grading All Prelabs from Last Week

Today I lectored for Alex and Christen's mom.  Elizabeth carried the Lectionary and read the first reading, whilst I read the second reading and the general intercessions.  Fr. Kris celebrated the Mass, Christina cantored, and Will, Antonio, and a young lady with an unusual name served.  Dad was one of a number of Eucharistic ministers.  Nathan was the sacristan.  Today we celebrated the Dedication of the Lateran Basilica.  The choir sang and the readings were:


Introit
Christ is Made the Sure Foundation
Penitential Act
Gloria (C. Andrews)
First Reading--Ezekiel 47:  1-2, 8-9, 12
Responsorial Psalm 46, (M. Guimont)
Second Reading--1 Corinthians 3: 9-11, 16-17
Gospel Acclamation (J. Berthier)
Gospel Reading--John 2: 13-22
Preparation of Gifts:  Locus Iste (A. Bruckner)
Acclamations:  Mass XVIII, Danish Mass
Lamb of God from the Holy Cross Mass (David Isele)
Communion Antiphon:  (R. Farrell)
Communinon Hymn:  The Tribes Go Up to Jerusalem (A. Moytyka)
Communion Meditation:  Lord, I Trust Thee (G. F. Handel)
Recessional Hymn:  How Firm a Foundation


After Mass, I rushed downstairs to help with this month's Donut Sunday, with volunteers from Parish Pastoral Council.  There was plenty of food, including a farewell cake for Fr. Daniele Vallecorsa, various donuts and muffins, orange and apple juice, and two kinds of coffee with various creamers. 


I went to finish grading the rest of my prelabs from last week.  Mom, Dad, and I had a delicious dinner of bell pepper steak, tilapia, and steamed shrimp and vegetables, all with rice.  Time to relax before I prepare for teaching tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home