A Big day: Choir Advent/Christmas Concert 2014
I awoke really early today (~3.20AM) and putzed around for a couple of hours and listened to the radio. I went back to sleep and did some final organizing and preparing gifts for giving. Did some computer work, too.
Last night I made a table and graphs of my grade distribution.
~~~~
Went to the monthly coffee and donuts fellowship at Synod Hall. Chuck, Stacy, and I chatted about news issues over orange juice and donuts. We visited the Fr. Vanyo library. I went to make a sandwich for lunch and to change from my Gaudete Sunday garb into concert wear. (Lisa had posted our annual selfie to Facebook.)
Now it's time to go off to the practice for the concert (~14.50)
~~~~~
Writing at ~ 17.30
The concert went well. Here is the program of songs:
(At 4:00pm Don welcomed those in attendance, Ken played an improvisatory introduction during which we will take our place for the opening piece)
Prepare the Way, O Zion - from the Swenska Psalmboken
Alma Redemptoris Mater - Giovanni de Palestrina
E’en So, Lord Jesus, Quickly Come - Paul Manz
(Choir sits in first two pews) (Don to organ)
[The Cathedral Ringers] Three Polish Christmas Carols -arr. Kenneth Danchik
Infant Holy, Infant Lowly
Lullaby, Jesu
When Christ Was Born
(All stand for the hymn)
HYMN for all: Lo, How a Rose E’er Blooming
[The Cathedral Ringers] Cold December Flies Away - a Catalonian Carol
(En el Frio Invernal)
(Choir moves to sanctuary, ringers/singers join them)
A Boy Was Born - R. Farrell
Riu, Riu, Chiu - c. 1566 - Anonymous Spanish Carol
(Choir moves to organ loft)
[The Cathedral Ringers] Westminster Carol (Angels We Have Heard on High)
(Ken & ringers/singers go to loft)
HYMN for all: Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
Savior of the Nations, Come - arr. R. Farrell
Mary’s Magnificat - A. Carter
Christmas Lullaby - John Rutter
HYMN for all: O Come, All Ye Faithful
Sir Christemas - William Mathias
~~~
What a marvelous concert. When people complimented me when they found out I was a singer, I replied, "We had fun singing for you....We had fun preparing for the concert."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home