Friday, December 19, 2014

Thursday and Friday before Christmas 2014

Thursday (yesterday) I was cleaning out file folders at home when Joyce called.  I emailed her some scanned documents at ~4pm, had dinner with Jennifer H, a choir buddy, at Syrian/ Middle Eastern food.  I had the bazila, green peas cooked with lamb meat and tomato sauce.  We hung out in the W Hall lobby (too cold to get to the Cathedral of Learning), after saying hello to Kevin.  Met up with H (who knows me from the library) and her friend Y (who is from St Paul parish).  Jennifer crocheted a dragon for a baby.
Choir practice went smoothly, and I sat in the Hall to listen as they sang
Weihnachten – .E. Humperdinck/arr. by R. Proulx
and
Joy to the World – arr. Jenkins


The Humperdinck reminds me of the song sung by the Whos down in Whoville, the tall and the small during the "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" television special...especially because of the vocal progressions and the intoning of "Welcome Christmas, Christmas Day....Welcome, welcome!"
My voice was tired, so I was just so pleased to listen to the Jenkins arrangement.  We all enjoyed snacks afterwards.


~~~
Maureen and I attended the morning Mass, celebrated by Fr. Ward, served by John DeF, lectored by Bob K, and musically ministered from the loft by Don.We met up after Mass.


Maureen and I went to the two French pâtisseries... I staunchly avoided the sweets at the first, in Susan's neighborhood.  I melted at the second shop, where I bought a brioche d'amande and a
Kouign Amann (pronounced kween a-mon). Maureen and I enjoyed these at the mall's food court.  I made three purchases Friday from a large department store (including Santa's black socks),  I purchased some white clothing at a boutique chain, and then we went to pay Maureen's bill at Bakery Square.  We had burgers for dinner, went grocery shopping, and then I went and got more food supplies at East Liberty. 


By that time, it was 8.00 PM and we were tired.  Maureen will get French pastries tomorrow morning early. 


I had two more students request reference letters.  Now I am up to four students requesting a little over fifteen letters amongst them all.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home