Monday: Oakland Leadership Celebration
Monday I went to have my teeth cleaned. A temp worker did this; her first and middle names were F.K.
In the evening I went to the Oakland Leadership Celebration, which celebrated two community milestones: The 175th anniversary of the founding of Oakland and new leadership at five major institutions in Oakland. These institutions are University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), the University of Pittsburgh (PITT), Carlow University, Carnegie Museums, and Carnegie Mellon University (CMU). The leaders of these respective institutions are: Leslie C Davis, Patrick D. Gallagher, Suzanne K Mellon, Jo Ellen Parker, Subra Suresh.
A cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres preceded the panel discussion. I found myself at a table with real estate developers at first. They departed, and I was soon surrounded by CMU folks. Dr. Suresh recognized them, and stopped by our table to greet them. I spent a while chatting with Suzie from CMU. All of them knew William. Deborah from my building joined us, and she and I made our way upstairs for the panel discussion. Spotted Hanson K, Joe W, and Holly D from our buildings.
We were treated to cellophane-wrapped packets of cookies from the Oakland Bakery on the way out of the lecture hall on the seventh floor. Debbie and I walked to our buildings together. We spotted Patrick Gallagher walking, and chatted about DuoLingo with the Kappelmans.
~~~
This (Tuesday) morning I spent writing a recommendation for a student for a shadowing program at a major New York City hospital. I went to pick up medical records at the imaging center on Centre Avenue and went shopping, too.
I enjoyed dinner at the Pan-Asian restaurant, and had leftovers (for lunch tomorrow). Made plans today with Maureen to meet up with her and Nancy closer to the weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home